Thursday 7 May 2015

Good evening all.  It's been a lovely day with a little rain this morning and sunshine for the rest of the time.  I've been doing a bit of sewing today creating items for my first craft fair of the year.  It is being held at St. Andrew's Church in Greystoke, Cumbria on May 23rd, 24th and 25th.

Coffee Table Runner  
Here's a couple of items I've made during the past month.

The coffee table runner is made of all batiks and has Warm and Natural wadding in the centre and a nice batik backing.

It is approximately twelve inches in width and about 34 inches in length.... just the right size to fit a standard size coffee table.  I have another one that is the same size, but I've used different batiks in warm autumnal colours.  They are both very nice and hopefully will sell.

Mug Rugs 
These are just two of the several mug rugs that I've made for the craft fair.

They average in size of about eight inches wide by 12 inches in length.  The central wadding is heat resistant, even though it's not really necessary.

Hopefully, with two weeks still to go, I'll be able to make some other unusual bits and pieces. Now that I'm retiring from work, I'll have more time to sew and create.  Sounds like a plan to me.  Take care all.  Will chat soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment